Adrian Gurnett BSc (Hons)
I am a passionate senior .NET software engineer. I am a senior member of the .NET Digital Development team and out of hour’s issue resolution team. I have a strong focus on back-end services and methodologies. I am quick to grasp new ideas, technologies and concepts. I am keen to develop new skills and expertise and to share these with my team by mentoring & coaching colleagues. I am a team player and enjoy working with and leading a project team.
Education & Qualifications
2005 Institute of Technology Tralee – BSc (Honors) Software Development
Strong Core Banking Knowledge
API Driven Development
Microsoft Technology Stack
Core Programming languages
Trouble Shooting & Problem Solving
Technical Analysis & Solution Design
Gateway and ESB Architecture
Message Queues (RabbitMQ)
Database tools (SSRS, SSIS)
Integration design and implementation
- Mentoring & Coaching: Able to help & assist others as a technical lead on various projects.
- Systems-Level perspective: Ability to work such that others can easily understand and build upon. Maintaining ‘big picture’ view.
- Ability to apply knowledge: Ability to integrate the application of knowledge, skills, & sense of responsibilities to new settings and complex problems.
- Team Work: Developed in various positions that I have held in work. Able to motivate others. Enjoy working independently or part of a team.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills developed as a senior software engineer leading projects within IT and outside of work writing tech blogs on my personal website.
Employer: permanent tsb Date: August 2013 – Present
Position: Senior .NET Developer
Department: Digital.NET/Group IT
- Technical lead for Payment Service Directive (PSD2) overseeing the design and development a new API Driven Development platform.
- Technical lead for the design and development of an API channel, collaborating with 3rd party mobile app vendor, Merino to design & implement the Open24 Mobile & Tablet App which resulted in a successful deployment of a market leading Banking Application.
- Devised & applied governance to an ALM (application lifecycle management) framework.
- Mentoring & Coaching the Digital Development team for back-end development of customer facing & internal solutions.
- Continuously presenting latest technology/tools at developer team work groups.
- Building and overseeing the implementation of automated test suites for critical internal file processing applications.
- Overseeing internal training for development teams like T-SQL, Design Patterns.
Employer: Borough IT Date: June 2010 – July 2013
Position: Application Developer
- Managing the full stack development/maintenance of back-office web system & public facing soap web services for biggest client & delegating tasks to other developers when needed.
- Managing support ticket system for above systems & shadowing team members using it.
- Gathering new requirements from clients (incl. on site visits) for above systems.
- Database design & development.
- Identifying back-end system performance bottlenecks & unstable areas, carrying out re-writes to address these concerns.
- Enforcing code quality measures to the team through tools incl. Re-sharper, FxCop & SQLEnlight.
- Building out automated test suites on legacy systems
Employer: Elexon Ltd Date: April 2007 – May 2010
Position: Web Developer
- Full stack development/maintenance of internal web systems incl. database design, server-side code & UI look & feel.
- Applying XHTML strict, CSS 2.0 & RNIB access accreditation standards to the public facing website.
- Contributing ideas to & applying quality control policies for system deployments.
- Developing bespoke internal company news alert system using RSS, .NET technologies & ORM tooling (LLBLGen).
- Internal system requirements gathering from various business teams using UML
- Involved @ early stages of Information architecture project for entire business.