Adrian Gurnett BSc (Hons)
A Senior software engineer with a strong focus on back-end services & methodologies. Quick to grasp new ideas, technologies & concepts & always keen to develop new skills & expertise. Excellent team worker with a passion to mentor & coach colleagues along the way.
Education & Qualifications
1998 – 2005 Institute of Technology Tralee – BSc (Honours) Software Development Second Class Honours upper division (2:1)
1993 – 1998 Leaving Certificate – Causeway Comprehensive School
Core Programming languages (.NET C#, T-SQL, HTML5)
Message Queues (RabbitMQ)
Microsoft stack (Web API, .NET Core, MVC, WCF)
APIs (Swagger, REST, Gateway, OAUTH)
Continuous Integration (Build & Deployment flows)
Database tools (SSRS, SSIS)
- Mentoring & Coaching: Able to help & assist others through being technical lead on various projects.
- Systems-Level perspective: Ability to work such that others can easily understand and build upon. Maintaining ‘big picture’ view.
- Ability to apply knowledge: Ability to integrate the application of knowledge, skills, & sense of responsibilities to new settings and complex problems.
- Team Work: Developed in various positions that I have held in work. Able to motivate others. Enjoy working independently or part of a team.
- Communication: Professional verbal & written skills developed through presentations given to teams in workshops, giving & receiving feedback
Employer: permanent tsb Date: August 2013 – Present
Position: Senior .NET Developer
Department: Digital.NET/Group IT
- Technical lead on new API initiative (EU directive) called PSD2/Open Bank & working with latest technology trends such as API Gateways, Swagger, Message Queues, OAUTH & Microservices.
- Technical lead on development of an API channel for new mobile app & collaborating w/ a 3rd party mobile app development team.
- Applying ALM via TFS & overseeing Continuous Integration best practices through adoption of automated build & release mgmt. processes.
- Providing technical mentoring for back-end development of customer facing website & internal systems using MVC architecture, Web API 2, .NET Core, WCF & SQL.
- Technical lead/Developer for database heavy internal systems.
- Frequently presenting latest technology/tools @ developer team workgroups.
- Overseeing internal training to development teams like T-SQL, Design Patterns.
Employer: Borough IT Date: June 2010 – July 2013
Position: Application Developer
- Managing the full stack development/maintenance of back-office web system & public facing soap web services for biggest client & delegating tasks to other developers when needed.
- Managing support ticket system for above systems & shadowing team members using it.
- Gathering new requirements from clients (incl. on site visits) for above systems.
- Database design & development.
- Identifying back-end system performance bottlenecks & unstable areas, carrying out re-writes to address these concerns.
- Enforcing code quality measures to the team through tools incl. Re-sharper, FxCop & SQLEnlight.
- Building out automated test suites on legacy systems
Employer: Elexon Ltd Date: April 2007 – May 2010
Position: Web Developer
- Full stack development/maintenance of internal web systems incl. database design, server-side code & UI look & feel.
- Applying XHTML strict, CSS 2.0 & RNIB access accreditation standards to the public facing website.
- Contributing ideas to & applying quality control policies for system deployments.
- Developing bespoke internal company news alert system using RSS, .NET technologies & ORM tooling (LLBLGen).
- Internal system requirements gathering from various business teams using UML
- Involved @ early stages of Information architecture project for entire business.